Springtime means new beginnings, the flowers blooming, trees budding and new babies. This week happens to be spring break from school, which makes it the perfect opportunity to spend some fun time making crafts together.
This is an easy kids craft project that uses air dry modeling clay and basic tools. Just follow the simple step by step instructions.
- This project is suitable for ages 4+ with adult supervision
- A easy and simple projects for group activities; Girl Scouts; Boy Scouts; Sleep Overs,Pre-school; youth groups and elementary education. It is also a great party activity
- Teaches basic shapes and proportion.
- Substitute polymer clay for airdry clay or make from fondant or gum paste for a cake topper or cupcake decoration
- (cost: Approximately $2-3 per child)
Here’s the supplies you will need:
- Cloud Clay Air Dry clay – Yellow, Orange and White
- Wiggle Eyes
- Kids safe markers
- plastic egg (optional)
- Scissors (child safe)
Tips on how to work with Cloud Clay:
- Since it’s an air-dry clay, keep it under a moist towel while working with it.
- To store,wrap in plastic wrap and place into a zip-lock bag and remove the air before sealing tightly. Keep in a cool place away from heat.
- Cloud clay will bind to itself while wet. You can bond a “dry” piece to a wet piece by moistening the joints with a daub of water. You can also join two dry pieces together in the same manner.
- If clay becomes a little dry when working with it, add a drop or two of water and work in, it will come back to life. You have a several hour working window to complete your project so no need to rush!
Roll a 1″ ball of white clay and press around egg to create the base. (you can also flatten the ball in your hands to create a bowl shape if you don’t have an egg form) Cut a zig-zag pattern into the top of the egg with scissors
Delivered by FeedBurner