As an artist, I explore and create many different styles, but the one I keep coming back to, the one that calls my name is the vintage upcycle recycle style.
Ever wonder how to get those ruffle edges on fabric? Well, in this 2 minute video, I’m going to show you how.
Click here to watch on youtube.
I’m giving away a signed copy of my latest book Creative Ways to Organize your Home – details on how to enter the giveaway are here. (It’s open until January 17, 2014)
- Cut several circles of each fabric using the #3 (with #1 being the smallest) circle.
- Cut one #3 circle from decorative paper and place into bezel.
- Cut out and glue photo into bezel where desired
- Stack fabric together alternating light and dark colors and including organza circles between the layers.
- Tack with needle and thread
- Hold circles with pliers and quickly pass lighter flame over edges. This will curl the edges of the fabric. (Use caution so as not to catch the fabric on fire or burn your fingers). Do not hold the flame directly to fabric, simply pass flame over the edges.
- Use hot glue to attach pearls inside flowers.
- Arrange lace, trims, pearls, etc into a pleasing arrangement. Use hot glue to secure.
Please follow the instructions in the confirmation email to confirm your subscription. Thank you!