How to draw a snowman
If you can draw two circles and put one on top of the other, you can make this adorable little snowman canvas. I promise you, that you won’t stop at just one! All of these materials can easily be found on Amazon or at your local craft store.
Helpful Hints: I love to shop for interesting vintage papers and ephemera at flea markets and keep a collection of these to photocopy and print for my artwork. Heavy card stock will work for this project, however, I like printing my own papers as they are easier to manipulate.
NOTE: While the video shows you how to create the snowman using paper dies, you can use any round object and trace your circle onto white paper and cut out for a template.
Here’s a quick supply list of what you’ll need:
(see my favorite mixed media craft supply go-to list here)
- Mini Canvas (I use the 3 x 3 ones on this link) (you can use larger canvasses just make your circles bigger)
- Mod Podge or comparable decoupaging medium.
- Decorative Paper (scrapbook or old sheet music)
- Sponge brushes
- Paint brushes
- Acrylic paint (Apple Barrel by Plaid® )
- Spring Green
- Candy Apple
- Outrageous Orange
- Alcohol Markers (optional) These add a depth of translucent color to your project
- White printer paper
- Two bottles, each a different size (such as a pill bottle or a small glass, quarter, etc. The size of these circles will be the size of your snowman.
- Cup of water, paper towels, paper plate/palette, etc.
- Miscellaneous items for texture; bubble wrap, rubber stamps, snowflake die cuts etc.
Follow the instructions in the video below.
This post contains affiliate links. Should you click and purchase through one of these links, I will make a small commission. These commissions ensure that I can continue to bring you free content and support my crafting addiction.